Six Facets of Understanding
- Can explain concepts, principles, and processes by putting it their own words, teaching it to others, justifying their answers, and showing their reasoning.
- Can interpret by making sense of data, text, and experience through images, analogies, stories, and models.
- Can apply by effectively using and adapting what they know in new and complex contexts.
- Demonstrate perspective by seeing the big picture and recognizing different points of view.
- Display empathy by perceiving sensitively and walking in someone else’s shoes.
- Have self-knowledge by showing meta-cognitive awareness, using productive habits of mind, and reflecting on the meaning of the learning and experience.